Saturday 22 November 2014

Chocolate Baroque Butterfly Birthday Card

 
Butterfly Birthday Card
 
 
I love Butterflies, though you would never guess!!
I embossed a butterfly folder onto a piece of card 6.75" square and cut a centre square out to make a frame. (This square can be used for another project). Don't add this to your base card just yet. I used a 7" x 7" card base
Lighted inked over the embossing only with Milled Lavender
Chose Butterflies from Chocolate Baroque and stamped some randomly onto the area of the "gap" onto the base card with white embossing powder. Does not matter if parts will be hidden by the frame.
I painted the stamped Butterflies which are on the card, keeping the amount of water to a minimum, again with Milled Lavender.
Stamped the same Butterflies onto Parchment with White EP and again used Distress Ink from the pad. 2 for each butterfly I plain for the underneath and one coloured on the top.
Die cut a sentiment from my stash, 1 dark blue and 2 in white and layered the with the dark one to be on the bottom.
Stuck the frame on ( flat or on pads)and then arranged the Parchment Butterflies and the sentiment taking them onto the border for balance. To finish added some pearls
Here's the link to the Chocolate Baroque shop where you can find some beautiful  Butterfly stamps and a lot more!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love butterflies too Barbara, your card is si pretty. love the colour.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my Posts.
You are welcome to leave a comment....